Thursday 6 March 2008

Ive spent the last two weeks rendering what I had. Initially this was just meant to be a test render so I knew what shots to use and what was needed, but as it took so long to do I ended up using it as the final render. As you can see theres a lot of anomalies.. and the final ones would have been done with mental ray and masked onto the maya software render (the profile lines can only be rendered in software)

Overall I wasnt too pleased with the final animation as it didnt really make sense, it wasnt the colours I wanted to use.. the ending was cut short because of the rendering time, I wanted to put a video behind the window, and I wanted to do more with the little guy.

There were so many more toon shaders/profile lines I wanted to include in the animation, At least Ill know how to recreate them to use them in other projects.

I learnt a lot though, and have lots of ideas to use in the future.

It really needs sound.

No comments: