Tuesday 15 January 2008

Term Two!!

We have just started term two at Ravensbourne, and have been given free range to do whatever we like this term (as long as we acheive certain learning requirements)

I think I'd like to spend this term working with textures, and the 2d toon tool in maya, trying to mix 2d and 3d. I think I'd like the outcome to take the form of a kids tv show.

Initial idea was pretty simple, having a dad read his son a bed time story, with toon shaded animation in the book he is reading. Maybe even have a little live action or 2d out a window, in a T.V or a photo frame etc. I would also like the movie to posess a kind of doodle like feeling, which would be done in the book, this could be acheived in after effects in the post production stages of the project.

So I've got a rough idea of where im going, I need to write the story which will be in the book.. Design the characters etc based on my doodle creations! ill get them posted soon!

Im excited!

No comments: